Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not a Big Box Store

So I've been thinking about how to approach this post for awhile and I want to first make a disclaimer that this is not meant to offend anyone-I have the thoughts in my head but not quite sure how they will translate into the blog world!

So let me start by saying that I do not own a Big Box Store or a Chain Store or a Discount Store. I started Drawstring Studio because of a quilt I was making for my son for his first birthday. I went to the local Big Box Store looking for fabrics, I wasn't in love with any, but picked some out because I thought that was my only option. Later I was told about an independent fabric store on the other side of town. I went and the fabric selection was awesome! The fabrics were nothing I had seen before, they were heavier weight and better quality and ultimately were much easier to work with when quilting. (I ended up ripping apart all of the other squares that I had made using the Box Store fabric)

This lead me to look into it further and realize that we needed a fabric store on our side of town. Fast forward almost 6 months and Drawstring Studio was born.

I am not looking to compete with the discount stores, my prices will not match theirs, but their products will not match mine either. I am looking to support the crafters out there and to add to our community. Handmade is an art that has been making a huge comeback and I am so excited to be apart of it! I love what I do and love that I am able to share it.

Thanks for listening and if you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email at drawstringstudio[at]gmailDOTcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment