Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm a Cheater

So I decided that I wanted to join the Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-long over HERE. Basically you follow along in The Farmer's Wife Sample Quilt book and make 111 blocks-2 per week. Well the only downside to this is that the blocks are each just 6"x6"-talk about small pieces-then when talking with a customer yesterday I decided that I would make my blocks 12"x12" and just have a few quilts out of it. My purpose of participating is to learn how to do all of the quilt blocks and personally I think I will enjoy them more and they will fit into my personal style more if they are large. So yes you can call me a cheater I'm ok with it.

Also if you want to hop on the wagon and participate in the quilt-a-long I have the books avail in the store for purchase.

These are my first two blocks....I'm also a bit behind since the group is on week 5 I believe but I'll catch up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment