Thursday, July 21, 2011

Supporting a Great Cause



You may remember this quilt top from a few months ago-I had it made when the Shades of Grey Collection first came in. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it-just need it had to be something good. Well I found the perfect use....THIS EVENT-It's a Breast Cancer Fundraising Event. Usually with donations I submit a gift certificate-but this event was somewhat personal. I went to high school with Erin, the person organizing the event and walking in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk. Erin is walking in memory of her mother who passed away this past year. I have many found memories of Erin's parents as well since we played soccer together and her parents were always at the games cheering. So I selected another one of my favorite patterns for the back and added some of the zig zags I was working on. I love how it turned out-even if I did finish it in the shop without A/C during the hottest days in WI-yes I now can say I work in a sweat shop.


Anyways-if you're in the area and can attend the event, or even if you're not you can still contribute via Tracey's Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment